Friday, October 21, 2005

River Dance


Cooooooooooool!!!!!
It's so powerful, skilled, airy and enchanting dance.

"River Dance" is Irish traditional dance. Dancers stand upright to the waist and tap by moving only legs. They tap lightly and time their steps to the music.

The most incredible part was line dance. About 30 dancers lined up on the stage and tap together. It was very, very powerful! Though they danced with only their legs, the dance looked very hard. But all river dancers are top ones who got through world championship, so they succeeded in expression of not only passion but also delicateness.

I have to mention about music, too. All the music was live performance and also Irish music.
I like Irish music because it's so comfortable. One of my favorite musisians is "The Corrs" from Ireland...
Anyway the sound from this show was more modern and danceable. Traditional instruments like bagpipe, percussion, and violin made lively sounds. Their music made us want to dance.

I got a CD right after the show ended. Absolutely the BGM now is "River Dance."

2 Comments:

Blogger Maffie said...

Oh my god! You watched the show!? It was very very impressive, huh? I went to see the show two years ago when they came to Tokyo, and I became a big fun of them. I love their dancing. Let me know how it was!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Yuko said...

>Maffie
You did see it, too!? Oh my goodness!! Everyone knows it!I do not know if they change the stage direction. This time they collaborate with the flamenco dancer, modern tap dancers and Cossack dancers. Especially, the flamenco was very impressive for me. While River dancers stepped lightly, the flamenco dancer, who is very beautiful lady, treaded on ground powerfully and soulfully. I became a big fan of that show, too.

>gyaoru
You, too!!! They have lots of fans all over the world! I do not know "Burn the Floor," but it sounds very cool. AND I believe the show you recommend is good, because you are an expert in performing art!! I do like play, musical, concert, magic and other live performance, too. Tell me if you know other good ones!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home