Thursday, October 06, 2005

"Koromo- Gae" Season


In Japan, around beginning of October, most people are busy changing the wardrobe from spring & summer clother to fall & winter one. We call that custom “Koromo-Gae” in Japanese. Koromo means clothes and Gae means change.

Business people start wearing jackets at all times, and almost all uniforms for like students, station attendants, and office ladies become winter-like. In plain clothes, women change to boots from sandals, and the materials of clothes are shifted to wool or velvet from linen and cotton.

I think “Koromo-Gae” became a Japanese custom because Japan has distinct four seasons. I can enjoy different types of fashion in each season, so I always get excited around the turn of the season. I already changed my uniform that I wear at the office to winter clother, but I haven’t done with my drawer in my room yet. I think I will do that next weekend.


Do you have "Koromo-Gae" in your country?

2 Comments:

Blogger Yuko said...

>gyaoru (funny name, ha ha!!)
Thank you for your comment! Yeah, it's kinda tough for me to write in English, though, I want many people to visit this page and know about Japan, so I am trying to do my best.
Today I met Koku-chan and Iba. I hadn't seen her for a couple of years, so I really enjoyed talking with her tonight. I wished you were there...
Anyway feel free to come back here!! Keep in touch, OK?

12:16 AM  
Blogger Yuko said...

>Yes!!
I wanna wear boots soon! But I don't have those yet... I need to go shopping!! Whay don't we go shopping??

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home