Sunday, August 20, 2006

Azabu- Juban Festival ~Evening of "Night Stalls"~

I like summer festival.
Here comes the season!

I went to Azabu- Juban Festival which is held on weekend of August every year.
Plenty of stalls are crushing along the streets, and about 400 thousand people visit there every year.


Looking around the traditional festive stalls is of course so much fun! But it's " International Bazzar" that has their attraction for visitors. In this area, people from various coutries provide us their traditional foods and goods. Walking around this area, I felt as if I traveled around the world.

I had SHISH KEBAB at the Turkey stall. SHISH KEBAB is famous for Turkish traditional BBQ. It was good!
I've heard like this thing... The three great foods in the world are French, Chinese, and TURKEY! Have you heard this? I don't know it's true or not, though, I think it sounds interesting.
Do you know the truth??

2 Comments:

Blogger Yuko said...

>Karube san
Hi!
The Azabu Juban Festival is held on ONE weekend, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, of August.
There are soooo many stalls and people there.
Sometimes it's on TV, and I heard many famous people, like actor or actress, visit there.

In international bazzar, foringers who are family of the ambassador to Japan open their stalls. It's very fun to share the culture with foringers.

I can tell you'll have a good time there!! I'll let you know about that next time!!!

PS Well... Which are the greatest foods in the world? French, Chinese, and....???

2:06 PM  
Blogger Yuko said...

Check out this site!!
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E4%B8%89%E5%A4%A7%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7

It's surely true that Turkey is one of the greatest foods in the world!!!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home